What is it
Atopic Dermatitis is the skin expression of atopy, and takes the form of dry, itchy and eczematous skin. There is a child and an adult variant.
People affected by atopic dermatitis cannot tolerate dampness and normal washing, moisturising creams, powders or synthetic fabrics.
What to do
As they cannot tolerate the products normally used for personal hygiene or to relieve eczema, they have to use specific products. MOST has collaborated with dermatologists in developing a series of products that are particularly suitable for people with AD.
- Washing: CLEANSING CREAM, a non foaming cleansing cream for washing that does not make the skin dry or itchy.
- Hair washing: DERMICTIOL SHAMPOO, a foam-free shampoo containing ichthyol sulfonate (a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-itching substance) that can be immediately rinsed
- Mild dermatitis with itching: LENITIVE CREAM, an astringent, anti-itching and drying cream containing zinc oxide and magnesium silicate
- Dermatitis with reddening and itching: DERMICTIOL CREAM, a cream containing ichthyol sulfonate, a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-itching substance
- Dermatitis mainly characterised by mild dryness: EMOLLIENT CREAM, a softening cream rich in vegetable oils and fats
- Dermatitis characterised by intense dryness: EMOLLIENT OINTMENT EXTREME, a vaseline-free ointment that is highly moisturising and has an anti-itching effect.